Sunday, August 16, 2009

One man's chili is another man's...

Harper and I drove into the Trader Joe's parking lot, where on the outside wall of the store they have a fanciful depiction of various types of vegetables and spices. One of the designs on the wall I guess was a chili, I'm still not sure, but apparently to Harper it looked like a penis. Now, mind you, I hadn't seen any of the artwork yet when I heard her ask me, confused, from the back of the car, "Do we eat penises??" I, again, had no idea where this was coming from, and I was just grateful that she hadn't started pre-school yet so I didn't have to wonder who she was spending her time with that may give her the idea that it might be possible to eat a penis. So I just told her NO NO NO, we definitely DON'T eat penises and what gave her that idea? She didn't really have an answer, but as we got out and started walking into the store she pointed up to the cut out on the wall. "Is that a penis?" That's when I pieced it together that she wasn't molested, she was just a victim to a poor rendition of a chili. I told her it wasn't a penis, although, she was right, it did kind of look like one. I mean, I didn't want her to think she was crazy! She had a fair point, might as well let her know. She kept looking at it. "Is it a WORM? That would be crazy! We don't eat WORMS!" Dear Trader Joe's artist: I'm sorry.

In other news today, Clyde grabbed my face and kissed it. Brett said that kid is magic, and I am here to tell you, he is RIGHT.

No comments:

Post a Comment