Monday, December 7, 2009

Important things on my mind

Why is this Tiger Woods thing SUCH a big deal? I understand that people love to hear about affairs and it's all a big, fancy, impossible to look away from train wreck, and who doesn't love a bright shiny train wreck that involves a celebrity? My father. But aside from him, no one. That said, I don't understand why the mistresses are getting lawyers and why it seems like he's in legal trouble over all of this. And why it seems like they're treating this like he is the president. I mean yay, you found out Tiger Woods is a terrible womanizer! Let's talk about it for a week! And then it keeps going and my brain gets confused.

It turns out Eddie Vedder, Lisa Marie Presley, Dave Grohl, David Spade and one of the Dixie Chicks have daughters named Harper. When we picked the name we did it for a variety of reasons, one of which was that it be somewhat different without being pretentiously different. But when five celebrities name their kid that same sort of unusual name in the last year it makes me feel like it's both too pretentious and too normal! HOW DO I GO ON???? My resolve is heroic!

No comments:

Post a Comment