Wednesday, October 14, 2009

DJ AM

I'm watching Adam Goldstein on this show of his, Gone Too Far, about getting people sober and this sounds ridiculous and possibly stupid but it's an incredibly helpless feeling. I just want to go through the screen and stop time and make him see that he was slipping back into the disease. He is sitting there telling a heroin addict, "I promise you can be freed from this. FREED. There's another life." It's just heartbreaking. Before his death I heard so many stories about what a selfless, generous person he was and since then of course I've heard even more. Here is Dr. Drew talking about him. Possibly only interesting to me! The part at the end is what really kills me.

2 comments:

  1. I have to admitt I don't know who DJ AM is, but helpless is the right word. My brother is struggling (for lack of a better word) with a heroine addiction. I feel helpless a lot and don't know what to do. This post has made me think about him od-ing and the helplessness I would feel then and what I might wish I could have done. I need to be better. Thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Debbie, I'm glad this post helped. But don't blame yourself!! I'm going to email you. xo

    ReplyDelete